Monday, November 29, 2010

Our Thanksgiving 2010

My sister and her children flew in from the UK on Thanksgiving day.  So this year we postponed our celebration until a couple of days later.  Saturday then, was our big day.  For the first time, I hosted Thanksgiving and started a new tradition of blending the two families traditions into our own.  The first mistake I made was buying a frozen turkey the night before.  My dad saved the day though, and ran out and got a fresh one for me.  There was also a little discrepancy as to *who* would do the turkey.  You see, growing up, my Dad always cooked the turkey.  In S's family, his mom always did and his dad did the carving.  So S quickly informed me that I was the turkey baker this year.  Gulp.  Ok.  My dad had sent me a tip from an email he had gotten on cooking a turkey with laying bacon on it while it cooks.  Long story short...S pronounced it the best turkey he had ever had!  There were 16 of us.  We all went around the table and shared something we were thankful for...for, indeed, the Lord has truly blessed us!  We then held hands and sang part of Psalm 145 before we ate.  It was so nice to be together around one table!
Hostessing my first Thanksgiving at FairOaks

This is for those that would like to see me preggo at 20 weeks!

The Table

Yum!

I love to decorate for fall!

All around the table!

So happy to have my sister and children here. Katie will be one this weekend!

"The eyes of all, upon Thee wait.  Their food in season, Thou dost give."

No comments:

Post a Comment