Friday, November 19, 2010

Moved in!

Well, here I am in our new house, finally ready to post an update!  It is one week ago today that was our official moving day, and I am happy to say, we are feeling pretty settled in, here at FairOaks.  Pretty much all the boxes are unpacked, the pictures hung, and now just the little touches that slowly will occur as I get window treatments, etc.  We still have to go back to our old place and get our attic and basement stuff, our chickens, trampoline, etc.  We still have to clean and do some repairs.  So we will spend all day there tomorrow working towards that end.  We have till Dec 1st to be completely finished.

It has been a delight to unpack and furnish this place..I have never had this much space before!  It also is amazing how the furniture we already had, fits so well into FairOaks.  We have also been so thrilled to see such a wonderful community here of friends.  Already I have had two neighbors stop by and had a friendly chat with the mail lady.  One of the neighbors that came by is a sweet older woman whose family has been around here for a loooonnnng time!  S has been doing some research and is cracking the nut to find the rich history of this house.  FairOaks was once a prominant plantation it seems.  It is fun to live somewhere that has so much history attached to it.

Today then, was our big restocking day.  I had not been to the store for regular groceries since the move and we were scraping the bottom of the barrel.  We went to Goodwill, Deal Mart, TJ Max and Walmart.  I had never been into the Deal Mart and was very pleasantly surprised!  I had all kinds of damaged food that had nothing wrong with it, but maybe a dent in the packaging.  I stocked up!  It was so much fun!  Here is a picture of my pantry...


I also found a duvet cover for S and my bedroom at TJ Max...it is just feminine enough, but not too fru-fru for my husband.  :)  Like I said, I am having fun decorating!  :)

I hope to take lots of pictures of the house very soon.

Stefanie is going on vacation for two weeks..I threatened to sent our dirty laundry to her through UPS, but she sent me the Elvis song..."Return to Sender" :)

And...Monday we get to have an ultasound of the baby..boy or girl?  S says boy.  We shall see, he has always been right!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment