Friday, November 5, 2010

Home

Photo taken from Here.

I love this picture.  Such a depiction of the busy, yet cozy life of "Home".  I am reminded again that home is not a perfect magazine look, but the life and love that resides in the hearts of those that live there.   Here are some of the sounds of home to me: the giggling and bantering back and forth as there is a game of "Wii" being played. The laughter and maybe a few tears as we watch a family movie together.  The conversation that ensues afterward during family worship of how we can apply what we have just watched.  The screams of delight as my children are flying through the air on the trampooline.  The crys of "Look Mom!" as they want to show me how long they can walk on their hands.  The chant in unison of our history timeline...I love it when even the 4yo can say "King Tut! 1333 BC!"  The giggles as they play hand soccer on the floor and try to get the ball past each other.  The fact that they still argue over who gets to hold my hand on a walk.  Watching my every growing 11yo son still melt under his momma's caresses.  The little voice that whispers in my ear "Mommy, you are beautiful".  The excited look in their eye when they spot the connection between an English word and the Latin word that they have learned.  The expectant look in everyone's eyes when they have a surprise for us (like when they helped my parents pack our whole house up!  What a blessing!), D's big eyes as he has his 4th helping of spaghetti, and the smell of Stef's warm bread.

.....And for now, home means lots and lots of boxes!  Yup, we are camping out, so to speak, amidst mountains of boxes.  Our closing date was delayed so we are hoping now to close mid next week.  The Lord is teaching us patience!  :)  In the meantime we are looking forward to a weekend with S's aunt and parents.  I am reminded though, that "home" is not a building...but our family.  Wherever they are...is home.






No comments:

Post a Comment