Monday, October 25, 2010

Introducing...FairOaks

We took Stefanie to see FairOaks on Thursday.  We heard back from the appraisal and everything is a green light!  So it is time to begin packing in earnest.  We close in a week and a half, Lord willing!  Stef took more pics of the house when we went Thurs. so I am posting her blog post here....


Yesterday we all went to meet the Realtor at the new house to take measurements, decide who got which room, and so I could see it for the first time.


FairOaks - the house that will become home next month, Lord willing.

The back view of the house.

The barn. I tried exploring, but didn't get far, it wasn't the right kind of place for walking around in flip flops...


Jenny's parents and the Realtor, Cecile on the front walkway.

The children on the porch steps.

The front porch.

Pocket doors between the two living rooms.

The beautiful kitchen - I know I'll enjoy working in here:-)

This picture doesn't show it, but the kitchen was so nice and bright. I love lots of big windows.

Cool little drawers under the kitchen cabinets.

Almost every room has a fire place.

I like the mirror over this fireplace.

The stairs.

Looking down over the railing.

One of the bedrooms - I forget which one.

Another pretty window.

The upstairs hall. The doorway you can barely see to the right opens into what will be the schoolroom, the middle one will be mine, and the left - the boys.

My room - the door leads out onto the balcony.

The fireplace in my room. The house I spent most of my growing up years in, up in Culpeper County, VA was built in the 1800s and the bedroom Becky and I shared had a fireplace as well. It was always fun to decorate the mantelpiece.

Another view of the room that will be mine - the reason I'm including pictures of different angles is that I've asked a couple friends for advice on what I want to do with it.

The balcony that opens off my room. For some reason this is making me think of the story of Romeo and Juliet - there's your random thought of the day:-)
The view from the balcony.


The huge old oak in the back yard.
`````````````````````````````````````````````

So there you have it folks...for the next few weeks you can find me somewhere buried in boxes..very happily, I might add.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty and gorgeous home! It will be filled with sweet songs of praise ~ I just know! Congratualations......love the name too! Will it stay with that name? Looks so delightful and BIG too!!

    ReplyDelete