Wednesday, October 20, 2010

History Lesson


Today we had a productive lesson in history on the destruction of the Roman city of Pompeii and the eruption of Mt Vesuvius.  I wish there was a way to insure that all of these important facts and lessons stick in my children's brains because it really is so useful, as well as fascinating.  One of the things I love about Mystery of History is that I can do it with all my precious students at one time.  Even H gets into it sometimes...straining to see and wondering if that is where the fire comes out of the volcano.  After our reading lesson, I went to my computer.  What a resource we have nowadays!  I found a virtual tour of Pompeii, and a discovery channel short documentary given from the perspective of a young survivor of Pompeii.  We also saw some videos of volcanoes erupting.  I am looking forward to getting into our new home (Lord Willing) where we will have no download threshold for our internet, so I can utilize even more fully these teaching opportunities on the web. 

So there is your history lesson for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment