Monday, December 27, 2010

Watery Reflections

A year ago this week, I lost a little child.  A child that never had a chance to see the light of day, but that the Lord has prepared to go straight to glory.  A child that we will never know on this earth, but has joined his 3 other siblings, awaiting us in heaven.  It was a week of enjoyment with the family on vacation, but filled with sorrow and pain as well.  Darkness, depression, and yet clinging to faith the the Lord would change our mourning for joy one day.

A year later, here I am, filled with another life inside me.  This time, he is moving and kicking ever so strong..and the promise of life is there.  Another life, created by the Lord, that we saw playing with his umbilical cord not long ago on the screen.  Every movement is precious, every roll and kick..sweetness.  And I feel blessed to be given another time to bear in the womb. 

The seasons flow and ebb..the trials and the triumphs.  Christ is there, through it all.  When he feels far away, He is still looking through the lattice (Song of Solomon)…weeping our tears with us, keeping them in His precious bottle, comforting and succoring us.  When we have the joys, it is our Savior that is near us then as well.

So the other night, in the warm pool, we watch and join in as our children splash around us.  Hearing the squeals of delight as they play.  I float on the water, enjoying the weightlessness for a few minutes.  I consider how my baby is also floating within.  He floats and I float.  Something very poignant about that.  I do as many handstands and somersaults to encourage this little one to flip.  Having several breech babies, I want to do all I can to nudge this child in the right direction.  I  sufficiently make myself sick from all the turns.  How can it be that I could do them over and over as a child, and now the churning in my stomach from one somersault is overwhelming? I carry my other bigger babies around the pool again.  I feel their arms around my neck and the wet kisses they bestow on me as we motor out into the deep end. Child nestled and swimming within, children beaming and swimming without.  I am a blessed woman.  And as I climb out of the pool, back to gravity, my little peapod, still waits inside..growing daily till it is time to join his siblings splashing and playing.  Thank you, Lord for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment