Thursday, February 17, 2011

Newsy update

I realize that I have poorly neglected this blog lately.  And I realize that I will be posting much more frequently on my other blog A Mother's Heritage.  But, once in awhile I will pop over here for the more newsy, personal stuff.

We have been in a difficult season over here at FairOaks.  We were all hit pretty hard with the flu...it put me to bed for a few days, and turned into bronchitis.  Then with all the severe coughing that I had, I have had some kind of rib damage (intercostal separation?)  It has been very painful and I am on bedrest to try and heal as soon as possible.  With ribs it can take a long time.  Since I could be having the baby in 7 weeks or so...rest, rest, rest is needed.

Other than that, what other news do we have?  We have been busy, busy with continuing to settle into our new home.  S has planted 50 trees that grow very quickly and act like privacy hedges.  He planted them along the road.  He also got an electric fence for Bonnie, so she can now roam free!  Our chickens are settled in and are starting to lay again.  We thought about doing a spring garden, but with the baby coming, I think that might have to wait till next year.  The boys are excited to have found out that there was a fish pond here and so they are going to set out to redig it and restore it.

W is continuing his creativity and is soon to be given a forge FREE from a friend that is an amazing craftsman.  J is excited because the neighbors across our road have a horse farm and are going to hire him come spring.

So life continues on.  We are at the countdown with the baby..so excitement is in the air.
I will be posting some of our valentines day fun with the children and S and my night out soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment